[Bell Historians] "Bell towers" of Bow

Ted Steele teds.bells at Y9AdpcR5Qb8vuE53sxbdByj7rMJY2hN5O_h4wzPBEbnYdruik7rVyAqrwlkwphNUauSiZWKxwVPjf2Ru.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 6 12:51:01 BST 2012

On 06/08/2012 12:10, Dickon Love wrote:
> Ted Steele
>> ....there is an estate of residential flats named "Heart of Bow".
>>   This of course is Bow in East London and nothing to do with Bow Bells as
>>   we know them. The various blocks are named As "Bow Bell Tower",
>>   "Christopher Bell Tower" etc., with the others being Fabian, John (East
>>   and West), Augustine, Katherine. ...... Might the
>>   names relate to the names of bells in St Mary, Bow-in-the-Road that is
>>   nearby? Can anyone explain these names?
> These are names of the Bow Bells in St Mary-le-Bow, Cheapside:
> Katherine, Fabian, Christopher, Margaret, Mildred, Faith, Augustine, John, Timothy, Pancras, Cuthbert, Bow.

Thanks. Of course I should have guessed, and knowing of your excellent
website I could so easily have checked; but I didn't think they would be
so cheeky as to use names of their more illustrious neighbour as though
they belonged to that district. I could find no other reference about
the origin on the internet, just loads of ads for the flats.

Ted