Re: [Bell Historians] "Bell towers" of Bow

Dickon Love dickon at 7q8BgJLw5552Yb5Jtn5HXjSm2MSrN0YhsKRvOK5wS8wajiNklYL3dUgmEtkQ8rurv-uvy6AvhbSQuMot4jab7w.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 6 12:10:01 BST 2012

Ted Steele
>  I noticed when browsing Google maps for the area around the Olympic
>  park, that there is an estate of residential flats named "Heart of Bow".
>  This of course is Bow in East London and nothing to do with Bow Bells as
>  we know them. The various blocks are named As "Bow Bell Tower",
>  "Christopher Bell Tower" etc., with the others being Fabian, John (East
>  and West), Augustine, Katherine. If these have any relevance to actual
>  bells then an eighth would make sense; perhaps I missed one. They are
>  surrounded by Pancras Way, which I suppose could be relevant. Might the
>  names relate to the names of bells in St Mary, Bow-in-the-Road that is
>  nearby? Can anyone explain these names?

These are names of the Bow Bells in St Mary-le-Bow, Cheapside:
Katherine, Fabian, Christopher, Margaret, Mildred, Faith, Augustine, John, Timothy, Pancras, Cuthbert, Bow.

See http://london.lovesguide.com/mary_le_bow.htm

DrL