[Bell Historians] Oldest Christian Bell

Peter Whisker peter at DirTZfQA3No2Z280InHOd2QeTuu7d5duQEIHuFpe34k-K4XCuyoIk7uWUOZ6fmZQRwEVW2MPSxjamzMV.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 12 15:57:31 BST 2012

Celtic missionary monks carried bells in the 5th C. The Irish Gaelic word
for bell, clog, has come into English as clock presumably as early clocks
had/were a bell.