[Bell Historians] Re: olympics

Dickon Love dickon at ELmgaYXZGVNLV3bIM2w5jtRa62y4pYWXCWoubFZZwJAV9nAUgknnuZMU1UQ49X8bEIMYsCHNlEl9iBU.yahoo.invalid
Sun Feb 5 21:28:27 GMT 2012

JEC:
"Paul de Kok says that they haven't got the capacity.  But it seems wholly
clear that it hasn't been cast in the UK."

I would have thought Eijsbouts would have the capacity as they cast an even
bigger bell for Japan a couple of years ago, but I don't know whether they
used someone else's facilities that time.  I am not sure why it is wholly
clear that it hasn't been cast in the UK if the only information coming
through is rumour.  I am sure that there must be some non-ferrous foundries
with a big enough furnace which they could use. It doesn't have to be a bell
foundry.

> I understand that the reason for the secrecy lies entirely with the
> Olympic authorities.

JEC:
"And your understanding comes from where?  The real question is why the
secrecy."

My understanding comes from the Whitechapel Bell Foundry itself.  They are
not choosing to be secret, they are obliged to say nothing or be found
breach of contract by their client.

DrL