[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic Bell

Kevin Jones kevscabs at F8QiySXHHQPf59YC9ZZ6EwSGZ0xxy9gZVm_65VtDjo2aOGHA4MkjMHL3dRKzNSz9xkr388GLt9na6F4.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 10 02:14:24 GMT 2012

I spoke with the Olimpics Press office the other day, I hope to see a picture of the bell soon after it has cooled down
from casting, I dont think they have planned that far ahead yet,
but the Olimpic Stadium in Berlin still has its Olimpic Bells cast in 1935 & 1936, The Steel Monsters of German Olimpics,
So we will just weight & See.

Kevin Jones

To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
From: editor at PR9Q5Mm-ytHDJP-qTAkT0zJEffcLs6ihjywqBlsKUnz2CdFKt-fNl8NGf5GRRn7GJswyYaANhNrSOwgSi99ZNjhMiw.yahoo.invalid
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:14:39 +0000
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Olympic Bell

At 15:08 09/02/2012, AALB wrote:

>And where is the final resting place for this bell going to be?

A news report in The Daily Telegraph suggested that it might
remain as a feature of the Olympic park in perpetuity.

Perhaps they could consider donating it to somewhere else with
room to keep it at ground level - Salisbury Cathedral maybe?

Or the National Memorial Arboretum?

Then again the old metal thieves are about; is this bell 'too big
to steal'?

RAL