Moseley Steel Bells

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd, www.bellhangers.com matthewhigby at vYk5JJHpZetR9hFNbqPkwImi9umt_g-AuMDnZa9tZsFI5T2WSvs2Gp45xcIqeI253oErtQJN219AvQ.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jan 8 19:23:55 GMT 2012

Vickers obviously had a shipyard - is there any relationship with Naylor & Vickers?? I must dig out that DLC article again.

The bells can't be listed by the local council (like buildings) but they could be listed by the CCC.

What are the terms of the faculty regaring their preservation, or are there none?

I met the ex curator of the Beamish museum the other day (in The Black Bull, Frosterley). He told me that the steel bells stored there could be made available if anyone could put them to good use. They are only at Beamish because they didn't want to see them scrapped. I can't remember where they came from.

Matthew