[Bell Historians] Lichfield bells and Elias Ashmole [1 Attachment]

John H Allen john at Y416XLNdkSHP_En-ziHmeY3azpdsaJASuWwebYjGlWj9aLxImIW6GHAyFG-COj43_B_hccCZniYJ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jul 16 17:17:11 BST 2012

The occasional use of colourful language is not unknown now!!

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Pickford
Sent: Monday 16 July 2012 15:30
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com; John Camp
Subject: [Bell Historians] Lichfield bells and Elias Ashmole [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Chris Pickford included below]

I've now dug out my earlier article on the "Loyal Youths" and attach a
scanned version, together with the two follow-up letters from the 1983
Ringing World. Belfry language and behaviour was evidently pretty colourful
even in 1686-8, as some of the quotations show!

I've looked at the subscription lists, but - so far as I can see from a
fairly hasty check - there is no record of Ashmole having contributed.
However, the list seems to relate to the original appeal for funds rather
than the "top up" fund mentioned in the 1688 letter.

--

Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at 5kkcyluX3Ktz3DH6uO1dy1_BTgtkLSUOwgTk_p09HkSnd5fhaQZSwg_GWFxYOtnm_YYYv3AGTdwguybgNw.yahoo.invalid or