[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic bell

Douglas Davis dougdavis22 at 98urwo08C8KY6PdeiJah5JtUQze5w4oeUYfrYtJZIh-H4HF2C79M7DACWYHPrpEDFgfRrr7Sk2-12yF4O431IQk.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 26 11:39:53 BST 2012

Dickon:

'For those of us who marvel at the fact it has been made at all and is
going to feature tomorrow, it is a special time. The bell will speak for
itself (and I am pretty sure the bell will have a cockney accent and not a
cloggy one) and I for one look forward to it.'

Couldn't agree more - I would expect the majority don't care where the bell
has come from, we should just be pleased to see bells and ringing in
general playing a major part in historic events in this country - surely it
can only be a good thing for the art!

Doug.