[Bell Historians] Olympic bell

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at 0B-2HMZxlJVhkZtnYi28aMZ7Iadh7zEbcLFbsyc4gmgIYFla-DImKauBMzQC0QAEQ69Ws8l5uG38.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 28 17:47:59 BST 2012

Yes, I could hear that on the TV last night.  But what I heard even more prominently was the note E a fourth above it.  I suspect that this isn't really a partial tone of the bell, but an artifact of the human ear, like the one which plagued G&J during the creation of the Riverside bourdon.

Carl