[Bell Historians] Re: Close But Different

Peter Whisker peter at PHG_3l1_ztpW8OU4YI2JD75--bu5CuBQK4kZ4gX9uJ7DJlLqggkK-iflC0PA1iLi0H9RZMnKU9S0UHc.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 29 11:02:44 BST 2012

Spelthorne is now officially a district in Surrey and I think that now
all services including Police (which used to be the Met) are now
provided by Surrey despite it being north of the river.

The meanderings of the Thames have also moved little bits of Spelthorne
district south of the Thames and little bits of Runnymede borough (the
Godley hundred thanks to Chertsey Abbey) north of the Thames. Just to
confuse.

Surrey County Council is still based at Kingston which of is of course
in the Greater London Authority and not Surrey! There can't be many
councils with Council Offices ouside the area they administer!

Peter