Holy Trinity Kimberley - Southwell Diocese

Dickon Love dickon at EI3J2WrDK7AVtAL1ddUKkJA174vr-kxTrcFVy0CNvZD0FXQ61Z3ph6l51e-nrpPLUn88Qih4iby7ixBEYGdD.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 29 17:55:21 BST 2012

The following email was sent to the CCCBR (Robin Shipp) who thought that it
would be of interest to members of this list.  It is from Geoff Rhodes.

DrL

I have just visited the above church where we have just been commissioned to
carry out a reordering project.  This is a very small, neglected late 1880s
church in the Nottinghamshire coalfield.

They have a small single tolling bell which was installed in 1994 to replace
a set of tubular bells that were fitted on the roof in 1902 to commemorate
the coronation of Edward VII and paid for by public subscription.  These
bells have been brought inside and are currently stored on the church
balcony - which is not easily accessible due to poor structural condition of
the balcony.

I am particularly interested in whether there are any specific groups who
are interested in church tubular bells - the church council would be looking
for disposal but if there is a way that they can be displayed we would be
interested in talking to someone about how this could be incorporated into
the project.