[Bell Historians] The Linthorpe ring that never was

Paul Cubitt revp at VBfLY9cUp7LJrv0PspQlC39Ou0c3GrTQN4G3rqLJLntyqhqnW_3hPHXCfkTh30tIxMqXOw0KDNzwP1Py8tI.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 9 22:15:08 GMT 2012

I wish I had known that when I was vicar at Elloughton. 2001-2007.

Paul Cubitt

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Bull
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 8:40 PM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] The Linthorpe ring that never was

  According to David Bryant's notes on the bells of York, the six bells from Christ Church (or Holy Trinity), York, were actually retuned at Loughborough in readiness, and two trebles were cast to make eight. In the end - to cut a long story short - the front three bells of the original six were scrapped in 1973, the metal being used towards the new ring of six at Elloughton, near Hull. The back three bells went to the Carmelite Order at Hazlewood Castle near Tadcaster, from where they were eventually rescued by David Potter. The bells are currently the property of the Trustees of the York Bell Fund.

  Andrew Bull