New home for the Jubilee Pageant Tower

Dickon Love dickon at htAdhCrip4fkbuK5sevuddDBg-6hjSe9RsdqkVLWZS6Hi7g7t67WOVCm7mY5xrlcHdl-E-u-BLZTWtyr.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 28 10:18:03 BST 2012

This is a serious and urgent offer.

The Royal Jubilee Bells are currently hung in a free standing tower bolted to a rather large barge. It was first erected 2 weeks ago in a warehouse in Edenbridge where we were able to test ring the new ring of 8 that was hung in it (tenor 9-1-25).  There was barely any tower movement.

I learned on Saturday that the materials in the 10m tower are not expected to make money for the organisers and that if anyone wanted it after the Pageant, they could have it. Obviously it doesn't come with bells, but the tower and frame assembly would ve ready to receive a similar set.

I need to move quickly on this. Is there anyone out there who might be interested in having the tower for future reuse elsewhere? It could either end up as an external tower somewhere with a timber belfry built round it, or could be erected inside another tower as an independent structure.

Expressions of interest to me please. I can provide more details as required.

Regards
Dickon Love