[Bell Historians] New home for the Jubilee Pageant Tower

George Dawson george at itrdB2lppHS1sWCtjeS7ZvexYus3Dtcy3RfsgrZmr_BZcdYQZ7Nb9W_2TVtEX_3ZUs2flowYDrWyglnTMi6P4iaOr7OfSmE.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 28 10:35:18 BST 2012

Ship it out to Christchurch NZ & hang the light 8 in it till they get a new
tower.

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dickon Love
Sent: 28 May 2012 10:18
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com; bells at 0RSQk95Xb5SUzBbkEQrIhBQYTKvwj-w-5vIIb-d-dNTD5_3P4vY_US0jytkiCUM29Hzqe93MYmmy0w.yahoo.invalid
Subject: [Bell Historians] New home for the Jubilee Pageant Tower

This is a serious and urgent offer.

The Royal Jubilee Bells are currently hung in a free standing tower bolted
to a rather large barge. It was first erected 2 weeks ago in a warehouse in
Edenbridge where we were able to test ring the new ring of 8 that was hung
in it (tenor 9-1-25). There was barely any tower movement.

I learned on Saturday that the materials in the 10m tower are not expected
to make money for the organisers and that if anyone wanted it after the
Pageant, they could have it. Obviously it doesn't come with bells, but the
tower and frame assembly would ve ready to receive a similar set.

I need to move quickly on this. Is there anyone out there who might be
interested in having the tower for future reuse elsewhere? It could either
end up as an external tower somewhere with a timber belfry built round it,
or could be erected inside another tower as an independent structure.

Expressions of interest to me please. I can provide more details as
required.

Regards
Dickon Love