St John, New Brunswick, Canada

George Dawson george at EAUQwIDpB6PWWnKTady6XQkKgkFvRikYoB4N6R06hH9tZoixYUj_vWurx7EwM3qy5FlTuK1lisIvnEE9e3hyPa24L48k.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 31 16:40:45 BST 2012

See:

http://www.towerbells.org/data/NBSTJOHN.HTM

It says 12 bells.

Whitechapel data says 19.2.16, 9 bells in 1882.

Always a chime I understand.

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dickon Love
Sent: 31 May 2012 14:15
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] St John, New Brunswick, Canada

I see that the ringer(s) here have signed up to ring for the Jubilee on
Sunday on BellBoard. I looked this church up on the web and discover it has
9 bells in a large tower with spire. The tenor is 19cwt and the website says
they used to be "rung by hand". It doesn't appear in the lost rings lists
I've seen though. Anyone come across these before?

If you are planning on ringing on Sunday afternoon, do drop me a line and
I'll include you in the publicity.

DrL