[Bell Historians] Database of Bell Founders

George Dawson george at KjqrdX_qGzHk2boZ8XNhjpPOFxXsSC8RbY6E3l-gdoFQ7AxcpL_Z0i-4EZoZHsN-IGZ5URDvHC0EIEUWGrap9uIPXA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 2 15:41:57 GMT 2012

Would it not be better to put a founder who moves  'home' as 1 entry,
especially in the succession lists e.g.

Edward Arnold

St Neots....

Leicester....

Rather than 2 ovals?

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of peterbellman2006
Sent: 30 October 2012 16:41
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Database of Bell Founders

Hello all,

I have created a website which contains a database of bell founders, which I
have compiled from a large number of published sources. If you have any
comments or amendments, I would be grateful to receive these, with due
acknowledgement, but I would be very grateful if you would let me know the
source of such data. This is probably best sent to me via the 'contact' link
on the website, but if you think the topic may be of interest to a wider
audience via this forum, I will leave that to you.

I think it will be useful, in time, to add 'aliases' and alternative
spellings. I am also aware that there is more work needed on 'predecessors'
and 'successors', particularly where a business passed to multiple people.

You will see that is possible to make enquiries in a number of ways and I am
grateful to my son Matt who has developed this capability.

I hope you will find this useful.

http://www.bellfounders.net/

Regards,

Pete Dyson