[Bell Historians] Akenfield

Anne Willis zen16073 at y33okQWRqMsKOW0710_rLbcigsL5VZLGCU_fnjqANqlG2-rQvVV_osDF-i14hbzGnOYdltG568e6HQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Nov 29 09:39:29 GMT 2012

Yes, it is a collection of villages, but I can't remember the names off hand

Anne

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: 28 November 2012 20:21
To: Bell Historians
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Akenfield

I'm sure I've read somewhere that 'Akenfield' is actually a composite of
several villages in the area so it's probably a nearby church - the chapter
about 'the tower captain' certainly appears to be about a real person -
anyone know who?

The book is an excellent social history document. In 2004, a journalist
named Craig Taylor wrote a book called 'Return to Akenfield' which takes the
same format as the original and looks at people in the present day. The
author of the original book, Ronald Blythe, is one of those featured.