[Bell Historians] Gateshead, Co Dur, SMV

khsbelring at xGTbxL2LBfw6NotNs4XP1xexEWZlDOsVSqdUVlegZuMigGgiNUgeB2nWTJpEsmb59Q-5lBROgnZ--8E.yahoo.invalid khsbelring at xGTbxL2LBfw6NotNs4XP1xexEWZlDOsVSqdUVlegZuMigGgiNUgeB2nWTJpEsmb59Q-5lBROgnZ--8E.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 25 20:10:08 BST 2012

Alan - I am afraid St. Mary Gateshead will not figure in 1/4 peal analysis
any time soon.
There were 4 bells in the 1552 inventory.

6 new bells in 1730.

8 new bells in 1788.

7th cracked in early 1970s.

Church gutted by fire.

Bells put into Diocesan storage.

Two trebles used as scrap for augmentation at St. Mary Whickham.

6 remaining bells stolen.

Church redundancy scheme 1984 and gifted to Northern Heritage Trust for
Civic use.

Manager of building very much against installation of any bells.

regards - Howard E. J. Smith - Newcastle