Matthew East - early bell ringer

ronald7364 ronald.east at 0FqELZWgMRXteE0YqD7v05o_VJo15npNy1WX-tsS0tM8SxoUdKgtj_wkD1zJk8MEWfzDhwMRByOWp93_2dAZa6E5S9I.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 11 23:18:00 BST 2012

I am the secretary of the EAST Family History Society which exists to research the history and familial links of persons who bear this surname.

I have recently discovered that an EAST must have been quite a famous ringer in his day. This was Matthew EAST who conducted the first ever peal of Cinques: Grandsire Cinques at St Bride Fleet Street in January 1724/25. I discovered he joined the College Youths in 1718 but that is all I know about him. I'm thinking that if he was able to ring and conduct (or even just "call the bobs" as it says!) he would have been a very competent ringer who must have rung in other peals.

Does anyone have access to these early peals in which Matthew EAST would have rung? If I knew where he rang the peals it might give provide clues as to where he lived.

Ron East