[Bell Historians] Can anyone help with a likely founder for this bell? [4 Attachments]

David Cawley davidl.cawley at 8wktTZzzZVhnvmkww4OIMx02jLGU51m-A5jiBVyXNOP1nCboAZ9R2gFjnttjnLl0nZbGmttf-wUm64IyPtz78JDOmGI.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 12 11:15:49 BST 2012

It certainly looks like an early to mid 19th-century sand casting, using a solid pattern. That would fit in with the date of the building. A great many of these were cast by brassfounders, but I cannot remember seeing any similar example in Norwich. Am I right in thinking that there is a number on the crown? This is usually the pattern number. No other initials?
Perhaps Bill Butler might be able to identify it. Thanks for showing it to us

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Trent
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:59 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Can anyone help with a likely founder for this bell? [4 Attachments]

  [Attachment(s) from Peter Trent included below]

  The attached photos are of a small bell dia.9.5inches that is thought by its current custodian to have been the chapel bell of the Norwich (Cof E)Teacher Training College. established 1839/40 and destroyed in a bombing raid in April 1942 . I thought that this was a plausible dating for this bell, but I really don't know. However I am sure someone will be able to point to a likely  founder and dating, for which information I would be extremely grateful.
  Peter Trent