[Bell Historians] Gillett & Johnston.

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at sWAzxdfuiwV3G0OJRzFUe573yly9UzuiXHfMxNHpjrvjxfK5l-QGpcAlIkyGq9iXXxLhm2Cce4iHpebh3dTeeS--hkqa.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 24 14:29:30 BST 2012

I've already replied offline to John Ketteringham to explain why I'm
fairly sure this volume - which I have seen (in the G&J material now at
Croydon Library archives) - has nothing to do with Ted Collins, as he
suggested. Much the same also applies to Anne Willis's suggestion that
it might be connected with John Harris, which seems most unlikely to me.

It's an original volume, in the G&J archive (from the Cope Allman
takeover side)

Apart from the tuning books and press cuttings books, not much survives
from the G&J archive - which must have included a lot of material like
this at one time. This volume is really just a chance survivor - but it
is an original "working record" of the firm for the period, and neither
a trancript nor an external compilation. So, its the creation of an
employee (or employees) of 1897-1907 - and nothing to do with Collins or
Harris

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at U8N8qGZ603shTZBBTW8QrejK4OrUhX0ZM0daaMgiXd-UWOhzBS20_mU5T1ZLHAZGb0Azo5LyM_JWrvp2umsQjJ74.yahoo.invalid or