[Bell Historians] Dove County Listings by Traditional County

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Sun Dec 29 21:42:32 GMT 2013

c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com wrote:

> The wiltshire element for Wokingham (Amesbury) is
> explained in F A Youngs' work on administrative units -
> online via the Vision of Britain website.

I hadn't realised it was on-line now.  That's very helpful,
though its format will take a bit of getting used to.

The paper edition says that the part that was in the
Amesbury hundred of Wilts was trasferred to Berks for
parliamentry purposes by the Parliamentary Boundaries Act
1832 (2&3 Wm IV c64), and for civil purposes by the Counties
(Detached Parts) Act 1844 (7&8 Vict c61).

RAS

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: