[Bell Historians] Henry Kingsford Harris's "Automatic Ringer"

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at ...
Mon Jun 3 10:02:09 BST 2013

Just one further addition. On "filing" the details of this, I found that
I already had a note of a report of the invention from the /Times/
index  - Church of England Runwell Parish Church, the Rector Invents an
Apparatus for Ringing the Bells of by Electricity /The Times/ 19 July
1900 p.12 col.c

The patent mentioned by Alan Andrews is dated 1908 - and the link to the
actual document (with illustration and description) is:
http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?DB=worldwide.espacenet.com&II=0&ND=3&adjacent=true&locale=en_EP&FT=D&date=19091115&CC=GB&NR=190824443A&KC=A#

Doubtless David Sloman will know whether or not there are any remains of
the apparatus in the tower at Runwell now

Chris Pickford