[Bell Historians] RE: Malta

jameshedgcock at hotmail.com jameshedgcock at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 19:11:21 BST 2013

When we were in Valetta the Siege Bell mechanism was broken and I gather that this is not unusual. We were sorry not to have heard it. Those other big bells from Loughborough went  out after our visit.
 I presume that Cologne is the heaviest? There is a list of these huge bells. Perhaps someone could supply an address/locator?

---In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, <dennis.powney at ...> wrote:

 One of our ringers has just been to Malta where she was told that the bell in St Elena’s church is the second heaviest in the world hanging in a tower. Is this correct? She also saw the Siege Bell and has asked what the weight of this is? I suppose I could Google this last question, however I will try Historians first.
 Dennis Powney, Bromham, Wiltshire. (Not Somerset – as per  Anne Willis letter in this week’s comic!)