[Bell Historians] Malta

R Johnston R.Johnston at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Oct 19 19:28:02 BST 2013

Interesting to see in the latest English Heritage magazine that Taylor's
bell foundry is on their list of heritage sites at risk!?

Sent from my iPad

Prof Ron Johnston OBE FBA
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
Bristol BS8 1SS
44 (0)117 9289116
R.Johnston at Bristol.ac.uk
Seis.bris.ac.uk/~ggrjj

On 19 Oct 2013, at 18:57, Dennis Powney <dennis.powney at lineone.net> wrote:

 One of our ringers has just been to Malta where she was told that the bell
in St Elena’s church is the second heaviest in the world hanging in a
tower. Is this correct? She also saw the Siege Bell and has asked what the
weight of this is? I suppose I could Google this last question, however I
will try Historians first.

Dennis Powney, Bromham, Wiltshire. (Not Somerset – as per  Anne Willis
letter in this week’s comic!)