[Bell Historians] Bellframes book

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 23 09:32:09 BST 2013

As many will know, the /Bellframes/ book (1993) has been out of print
for a while now.

I am not intending to reprint it, as it needs some revision to add
further frame types and layouts. Unfortunately, I just don't have the
time to do it at the moment - or to issue a "supplement" with the extra
types etc already identified. The possibility of making the scheme
available online has been considered, of course, but that will also
involve a fair amount of work.

However, I do still get enquiries for the publication from time to time,
and so I'm considering a short-run reprint simply to satisfy immediate
demand and allow for future sales for the next 18 months or so. I
haven't explored costs yet, but I imagine that copies will need to be
priced between £10 and £15 (including postage).

If anyone would like to "sign up" for such a reprint, then please let me
know (offline, of course). If there is a demand, a "reprint" could be
available within a few weeks.

If you're aware of additional frame types or layouts that ought to be
included in the scheme - recurrent types, that is, rather than one-offs
- then please let me know. I shall continue to collect additions right
up until the time I'm able to update the scheme. Of course, there will
be no alterations to the existing numbering (there simply can't be, as
it would confuse all existing records) and so all additions will follow
on from those already in the scheme.

Thanks

--
Chris Pickford