[Bell Historians] Turret bells

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 19 09:05:55 GMT 2014

Two or three years ago I finally invested in a telescope (actually what
they call a spotting scope) and tripod for looking at turret bells. I
say "finally" because if I'd realised how much better it is for reading
inscriptions and seeing the detail I would have bought one long ago.
Hand-held binoculars just don't do the job anything like as well

In Birmingham on Monday evening, I noticed that the (re-opened) Jessops
has a "clearance" batch of spotting scopes at just £39.95. They seem
pretty good - I could read the opening hours notice by the door that I
could barely see by naked eye. If anyone has thought of buying a
telescope but hesitated on grounds of cost, one of these could be well
worth getting while stocks last.

No idea how to check the details online or order - but I guess there's a
Jessops website, or a means of contacting the Birmingham store.

Just posting this in case this is an opportunity for someone

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at talk21.com or
(interchangeably) c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional