[Bell Historians] Turret bells

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at swbell.net
Wed Feb 19 17:46:31 GMT 2014

A tripod would be essential for image stabilization with any kind of scope, because what magnifies the image also magnifies any jitters from your hands.  (And age makes those jitters worse!)

An alternative that is much easier to use than a tripod, but also much more pricey, is image stabilization binoculars.  I bought a Canon 12 power set a few years ago, and find it vastly more useful than the ordinary 8X binoculars that I formerly used.  (Canon also makes an 18X IS set, but that is of course MUCH more expensive.)

Carl