[Bell Historians] DAC advisors advising parishes.

George Dawson george at gadawson.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 09:07:33 GMT 2014

A DAC Advisor is there to do the job as per his description, i.e. to advise
the DAC.

I have been asked by parishes in the past to look at differing quotes &
advise, & always say, Look at what is being suggested, make your minds up as
to what you actually want then ask those quoting to requote on that basis,
then make your minds up. In other words to get all quotes on to a level
playing field for making comparisons.

Occasionally I have asked the DAC to agree a quote but to say no to certain
items on it that have proved unsatisfactory in the past (certain types of
bushing, pulley wheels etc).

For a DAC Advisor to say 'only this firm can quote' is totally unacceptable,
but sadly I know of cases where it has happened.

Association advisors are a completely different kettle of fish & have no
jurisdiction in the eyes of the Diocese, useful as they might be.

George