[Bell Historians] RE: DAC advisors advising parishes.

John Harrison john at jaharrison.me.uk
Wed Feb 19 19:58:03 GMT 2014

> in reality other than reputation there is no control or monitoring of
>bell hangers work as you get if you are building a house via building
>control with an appropriate sign off when the job is completed
>properly.... perhaps there should be?

Where work is supported financially by the ODG the grant payment is subject
to sign of by the Guild T&B people.  I don't know whether they have ever
declined to do so, and even if they did it is outwith the contract between
the bell hanger and the client (unless the client was smart enough to write
it into the contract) but even so I suspect it would be a pretty strong
reputational lever.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk