[Bell Historians] RE: Bell Listing

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Mon Jan 6 22:41:40 GMT 2014

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd, www.bellhangers.com wrote:

> Richard says:
>> In the case of Holy Trinity, Bradford on Avon, the 7th is
>> listed because it is the heaviest extant bell produced by a
>> 17th century founder, per the published criteria.
>
> Great Bedwyn tenor (which is already listed) is larger and
> heavier than Bradford 7th.

You're right.  But that's worrying because the Holy Trinity
entry in their database specifically says it's listed
because it's the "largest bell by this founder still
extant."

   http://www.churchcare.co.uk/search?q=bradford+on+avon

I hadn't bothered to check the statement was true.  Sorry
about that.

RAS

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional