[Bell Historians] Harrington and Latham Tubes - what are they made from?? [2 Attachments]

Henry Taysom H.Taysom@btopenworld.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Jul 28 00:58:49 BST 2014

It would seem highly unlikely that these tubes were destined to be musical. Admittedly they have a high copper content but
 other elements eg:tin  probably accounts for only 1%. Other elements in small quantities viz: lead, nickel, iron et al may also occur
In all not likely to produce a sonorous ring.

/p>