[Bell Historians] Harrington and Latham Tubes - what are they made from??

'Richard Offen' richard.offen@iinet.net.au [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Jul 28 02:57:03 BST 2014

	Does David Cawley's extensive article on Harrington & Latham (RW 2008
p381) say anything about the material used for manufacture?

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent:Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:22:38 +0100
Subject:RE: [Bell Historians] Harrington and Latham Tubes - what are
they made from??

	I also thought that they were Admiralty Brass as well.

	If you can provide a small sample to me I have the possibility of
getting it analysed.

	George

	FROM: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
SENT: 27 July 2014 19:11
TO: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
SUBJECT : [Bell Historians] Harrington and Latham Tubes - what are
they made from??

	Did I read somewhere on this list, that H&R tubular bells were made
from Admiralty Brass??

	Can't find any reference to it now, and having tried to smash one up
a while ago, they certainly are not bell metal...

	Can anyone point me in the right direction??

	Matthew

Links:
------
[1]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bellhistorians/conversations/messages/19634;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaWcyZGowBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUwMjkzODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3Mjg1ODIwBG1zZ0lkAzE5NjM0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTQwNjQ4ODk2Mg--?act=reply&messageNum=19634
[2]
mailto:george at gadawson.wanadoo.co.uk?subject=RE%3A%20%5BBell%20Historians%5D%20Harrington%20and%20Latham%20Tubes%20-%20what%20are%20they%20made%20from%3F%3F
[3]
mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com?subject=RE%3A%20%5BBell%20Historians%5D%20Harrington%20and%20Latham%20Tubes%20-%20what%20are%20they%20made%20from%3F%3F
[4]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bellhistorians/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlc2VpbjRmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUwMjkzODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3Mjg1ODIwBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwNjQ4ODk2Mg--
[5]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bellhistorians/conversations/topics/19632;_ylc=X3oDMTM2b3R2amQyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUwMjkzODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3Mjg1ODIwBG1zZ0lkAzE5NjM0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwNjQ4ODk2MgR0cGNJZAMxOTYzMg--
[6]
http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/85014546066/bye-bye-blue-links-welcome-link-preview
[7]
http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/85014546066/bye-bye-blue-links-welcome-link-preview