[Bell Historians] Sacred Heart, St Ives, Hunts

Richard Smith richard@ex-parrot.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Mar 26 11:29:22 GMT 2015

The Roman Catholic church of the Sacred Heart in St Ives has
a double bell-cote above the east end of the nave.  Does
anyone know anything about the two bells it contains?

My interest comes from the fact that the church was
originally designed by Pugin and located in Cambridge, where
it was dedicated to St Andrew.  After Our Lady and the
English Martyrs was built, St Andrew's was dismantled, put
on barges, and re-erected in St Ives.  I'm interested in
what bells (if any) St Andrew's may have had, and it seems
quite plausible they may remain in use at St Ives.

RAS

Posted by: Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional