[Bell Historians] Null Change

John David johnedavid@hotmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Mar 20 08:55:43 GMT 2015

I believe that Ernest Morris in H&A mentions a peal of Grandsire with all 42 extents concatenated (I think that is a good word, but I don't think it is one he thought of.)
If I was sufficiently clever, could not my band do the same thing, with some of the extents rung back-and-hand, leaving each extent just before it came into rounds and fitting in any odd left-overs somewhere, so that all the 42 rows of rounds came at the end (or at the beginning while the rhythm settles down)
Lo and Behold, a peal of doubles 4998 rows long! (or perhaps null changes may count sometines)
John David