[Bell Historians] Indexing foundry marks

Dickon Love dickon@lovesguide.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Nov 24 09:35:41 GMT 2015

Has anyone done some work on developing an index system for foundry
stamps and other marks on bells? I am currently developing something to
support a new database driven version of my Lovesguide series, and
thought it a good idea to check whether anyone has already done this.
(No point in reinventing the wheel.) When I say "index system", I mean
some form of succinct code that would also describe the mark as well as
index it, just as Chris Pickford did with bellframes.

The obvious outcome of this would be a catalogue...

DrL

Posted by: Dickon Love <dickon at lovesguide.com>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional