[Bell Historians] Indexing foundry marks

'George Dawson' george@gadawson.wanadoo.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Nov 24 10:03:03 GMT 2015

Now theres a task!

Alex Bayliss produced a catalogue of marks on pre-reformation bells in the UK, copying from all the published texts. She grouped them in sets:

Crosses

Stops

Shields

Crowns

Miniscules

Fleur de lys

Medallions

Capitals

Whether this was the right approach I am not sure as it separated groups of stamps from the same founder.