[Bell Historians] Re: Where are the women?

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl@swbell.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Oct 9 22:45:53 BST 2015

Are bell historians significantly different from other kinds of historians with respect to gender representation?  I have no idea; but if not, why should we worry about it?
Women are not just "men with different plumbing" (thank God!), so those who expect men and women to have identical interests in all public arenas are simply foolish.  The important question to ask is whether interested newcomers to any arena are welcomed without prejudice by old-timers in that arena.  (Prejudice is defined as pre-judging a person on the basis of an irrelevant criterion.)

I have not seen any evidence of a problem in this area among bell historians.
Carl