[Bell Historians] Tower Classification requrred

ALAN A J BUSWELL aaj.buswell@btinternet.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat Apr 9 12:30:56 BST 2016

I am trying to compile a list of all so-called secular towers. These include all mini-rings, de-listed churches and other purpose built buildings. They fall roughly into four categories. Examples are: Adelaide, Town Hall being Secular (8); Appleton, Workshop Campanile in Private Ownership (32); Chester, Old St Mary's in Local Authority Ownership (2) and Dunkeld Cathedral is In Trust (4). There may be other categories that could imply a tower being secular yet unknown to me - please advise. So far I have detected nearly 50 locations in Dove.
Could all these classes be classified as being Secular? If so, then they will be taken out of my Q.P county listing and placed under a separate heading. Doing this may indicate the interest or trend of ringing in these locations and ringing in general.
Not necessarily History but your views will be welcome.
AAJB