[Bell Historians] Tower Classification required

Ted Steele bells@tedsteele.plus.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Apr 21 12:17:07 BST 2016

On 21/04/2016 09:38, alan Buswell aaj.buswell at gmail.com [bellhistorians]
wrote:
> Getting back to my original question,I will categorise a secular ring
> as a purpose built erection where it is unlikely that any religious
> service will take place in the future.

But for which purpose? Ringing or secular ringing?

Bells in churches will have been consecrated for sacred use. Are they
not de-consecrated when no longer to be used for religious purposes? Is
the difference between secular and sacred not simply a matter of whether
the bells are considered to be consecrated?

Ted