[Bell Historians] old clapper question

'=?utf-8?B?cm9kYmlja0BnbWFpbC5jb20=?=' rodbick@gmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Apr 27 21:13:28 BST 2016

I dont think so. There are no holes in the T end to attach a baldrick. I would expect a broadened section before the T with 2 square holes.

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "lauradi at rcn.com [bellhistorians]" <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
To: "bellhistorians" <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] old clapper question [1 Attachment]
Date: Wed, Apr 27, 2016 13:10
[Attachment(s) from lauradi at rcn.com included below]

There is a person who  has what he was told (by his grandfather) is one of the original 1744 clappers from Old North
Church (Christ Church, Boston MA).  Nobody in his family knows anything about change ringing, as far as I can tell, but the family has a collection of historical artifacts.  He lives in California, but sent me a photo, which I've attached.   Does this seem plausible
as a clapper from Rudhall of Gloucester, 1744?
Thanks.
Laura Dickerson