[Bell Historians] Peal Board Database

David Willis dcwillispiano@yahoo.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat Dec 2 16:39:18 GMT 2017

Yes, it was discussed at our last meeting. We drew up a paper with
various ideas as to how/who/what etc and as John says we hope this
will be picked up by the new H&A group. There is a Facebook group
which records pealboard photos but this is less than satisfactory as
there is no order to it, some are not named in full and the quality of
photos is variable, so this would not be a solution

Sue Marsden
Library Committee

It is a fact that far too few are realising the potential of Bellboard to store historical data.

The attached spreadsheet tells it's own story.

Study of the entries reveals extensive records for a relatively small number of towers clearly demonstrating the potential to be exploited elsewhere.

David

Posted by: David Willis <dcwillispiano at yahoo.com>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional