[Bell Historians] Peal Board Database

Sue Marsden erincaters@googlemail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat Dec 2 13:44:11 GMT 2017

>    Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk [bellhistorians]
> <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Has any consideration being given to creating a central peal board
>> database,
>
> Yes.  The idea was suggested to the CC Public Relations Committee earlier
> in the year.
>
> We suggested that as a first move it would be good to encourage people to
> start recording peal boards locally (I know a lot already have records, but
> I am sure many don't).  That would be beneficial in its own right, as well
> as providing source material that can be used to populate a database in due
> course.
>
> We decided that it fell more naturally within the remit of the Library
> Committee and so we passed the idea over.  I believe the Library Committee
> has given it more consideration but I don't know the details.  Maybe
> someone from the Committee is on this list.
>
> In any case, that seems an obvious project to be picked up by the new
> Historical and Archive workgroup that is being set up.
>
> --
> John Harrison
> Website http://jaharrison.me.uk

Yes, it was discussed at our last meeting. We drew up a paper with
various ideas as to how/who/what etc and as John says we hope this
will be picked up by the new H&A group. There is a Facebook group
which records pealboard photos but this is less than satisfactory as
there is no order to it, some are not named in full and the quality of
photos is variable, so this would not be a solution

Sue Marsden
Library Committee

Posted by: Sue Marsden <erincaters at googlemail.com>

<*> Your email settings: