[Bell Historians] Upper Clacton missing peal

Ted Steele teds.bells@tesco.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sun Dec 3 12:38:47 GMT 2017

On 03/12/2017 12:26, Ted Steele teds.bells at tesco.net [bellhistorians] wrote:

> IIRC theinference was that particular entries (ASCY Peal Book) had become illegible due to damage
> rather than that the actual books themselves were totally lost.

The actual message from Chris Ridley, dated 9th Sept. 2009 was:

"Unfortunately, the CY records from this period were mainly lost in the
Blitz in 1940 so there is little background information readily to hand.
I attach a photo of one peal entry from the CY peal book. Can provide a
photos of the earliest peals if required,"

So perhaps the one I am interested in is not actually among those that
are lost after all.

Ted

Posted by: Ted Steele <teds.bells at tesco.net>

<*> Your email settings: