[Bell Historians] Re: The 1st 10-Bell Peal

Richard Offen richard.offen@iinet.net.au [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sun Jan 8 14:07:03 GMT 2017

> On 8 Jan 2017, at 9:55 pm, 'Tony Smith' smith_a_p at btinternet.com [bellhistorians] <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Trollope manuscript APPENDIX;FIRST PEALS RUNG 18TH CENTURY has the following
> one line entry:
>
> Grandsire Caters 5040 Jan 11 1717 S. Brides London Sch.
>
> The CD has all the page scans in TIF format and there is no problem viewing
> them. You don't need the app that came on the CD.
>
> What is the Wratten CD ROM? I've not heard of it before and would be
> interested to know what it contains and whether anyone could make a copy
> available somewhere online for download.
>
> Many thanks and best wishes for the New Year, Tony
> email mailto:smith_a_p at btinternet.com

The problem with the TIF format is lack of search facilities, which makes it rather tedious going through every document find a key word or phrase, but I understand it will be available in PDF format at some point in the not too distant future.

Sent from Richard Offen's iPad