[Bell Historians] Old Glass negative on eBay...

'Chris Pickford' c.j.pickford.t21@btinternet.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat May 6 08:55:59 BST 2017

I think Richard is right about the tuning machine.

I’d initially thought that this was the Taylor tuning machine acquired in the late 1860s. I’ve looked at the photo in the Taylor archives, though, and – while very similar in many respects – it’s clearly NOT the same machine. Also, the machine in the e-Bay slide does resemble the Whitechapel machine shown in the famous 1860s engravings – with the forked shaft positioned inside the bell.

Chris Pickford