[Bell Historians] Re: The Newspaper Archive

gareth@charollais.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Oct 31 10:51:23 GMT 2017

Hi David

 I found at least one other reference to him by searching for pilton and R. Lavercombe - search entry format is +pilton +"R. Lavercombe"

 This actually produces 6 results, of which the first one at least seems relevant - 'The Week in Town, 5th Jan 1939.  That is also the only result produced by searches for R. Lavercombe and ringer, or R. Lavercombe and bell-ringer.

 Just searching for R. Lavercombe returns 23 finds between 1900 and 1949 but most are probably not relevant.

 Generally I find the archive search a bit frustrating because it's not possible to specify that you want multiple term searches only to return hits where all the words are in the same article.

 Hope this helps

 Gareth