[Bell Historians] Whitechapel Foundry - A talk about the archives

Vee Webster veewebster@yahoo.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Dec 13 20:07:26 GMT 2018

 Just a thought..... A recording accessed via YouTube?
    On Thursday, 13 December 2018, 19:16:38 GMT, 'Chris Pickford' c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com [bellhistorians] <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The event is nothing to do with me. I was simply asked to publicise it – and, understandably, those most likely to attend will be in or near London.

I will, however, enquire to see if a summary of Richard Wiltshire’s talk might be available for circulation

Just in case people don’t know, the records are already available for public use at the London Metropolitan Archives – these include the daybooks from 1837, which are the main source for bell details (up to the 1930s). However, the post-war manufacturing records and files on individual churches are only open to view with written permission from the owners. Also, the main tuning records (i.e. those with weights, diameters and tuning figures) have not yet been deposited.

Chris Pickford