[Bell Historians] Re: Batricks or Battericks?

mikechester@hotmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jun 13 14:09:26 BST 2018

Could these be the leathers that attach the clapper to the cast in crown staples?  "Baldricks" is a similar term. 

 https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.collinsdictionary.com%2Fsubmission%2F13494%2Fbaldrick&via=collinsdict https://plus.google.com/share?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.collinsdictionary.com%2Fsubmission%2F13494%2Fbaldrick
 "An early device for attaching a clapper to a bell comprising a leather lined iron strap. The leather is the baldrick and the iron is known as the baldrick copse."


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/pipermail/bell-historians/attachments/20180613/609a8b47/attachment.html>

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list