[Bell Historians] Rolls of Honour search

David Willis dcwillispiano@yahoo.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Aug 7 13:13:52 BST 2019

Can someone give me a hand please.
I am on second time round looking at on line newspapers to find ringers who fell during the wars.  I would like to read the article that is suggested by FindMyPast but just cannot find it ..
Local & District NewsLocal & District News the fighting forces. Pte. Leonard Percy Roper, has been reported missing at Singapore, but it is hoped that may be a prisoner of war. Pte. Roper 30 years of age. and is married. His father was killed in the last war.24 April 1942 - Western Gazette - Yeovil, Somerset, England

I know that this man died ..
Commonwealth War Graves Commission Debt Of HonourFirst name(s) Leonard PercyLast name RoperBirth year 1912Age 30Death year 1942Death date 14 Feb 1942Number 6029000Rank PrivateUnit 4th Bn.Regiment Suffolk RegimentGrave reference 11. D. 8.Cemetery or Memorial Kranji War CemeteryBurial country Singapore
The article may tell me if he was a ringer.

Thank you,